Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Memory book

One of the first things I did after Isabelle passed away was to gather up every single picture that was taken of her during our four months together, then I used an online scrapbooking site to put together a photo book featuring pictures, milestones and favorite quotes.

I struggled with cutting any of the pictures I had of her, which is why I chose to create the memory book online. Even though we had digital copies of each and every photo stored on our computers, on a separate hard drive and burned onto CDs, I couldn't bring myself to cut the ones I could hold in my hands.

Also, some days it was too hard for me to work on the scrapbook, and all I had to do was turn off my monitor and it would be put away until I was ready. I also worried that having paper, scissors, glue and other scrapbooking supplies on the kitchen table would make the project stressful for me.

Now, my 4-year-old son, Wyatt, loves to snuggle up with me on the couch and go through the pages that tell the story of the sister he never met.

FAVORITE SITES
www.walgreens.com - Nothing fancy here, but I'm a fan of the variety of sizes of books that they have available on their site because the templates are easy to use and the end result is a quality piece, but inexpensive.
www.mixbook.com
www.shutterfly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment